It is so wonderful to be a part of this Holiday Recipe Blog Hop organized by Carol from Bluesky Kitchen. I am bringing you a favorite appetizer for the holidays, a Braunschweiger Ball. I hope you will take the time to visit the other bloggers who are participating in this blog hop and checking out all of the wonderful recipes they are sharing. You may just find a perfect recipe to add to your holiday line up!
This recipe was given to me by a dear friend that I met during my first year of marriage. We actually came together because we showed dogs together. She and her husband became the best of friends with my husband and I. Sadly we both of our dear friends have passed, but what wonderful memories I have when preparing some of the recipes she had passed down to me.
- 8 Ounces of Braunschweiger
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Sauce
- 4 Dashes of Tabasco Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 8 Ounces of Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup of Finely Minced Onions
- 1 Medium Jar of Pimento Stuffed Olives
- Bring the braunschweiger and the cream cheese to room temperature. Divide the cream cheese into 3 ounces and 5 ounces. Set the 5 ounce portion aside. Mix all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the 5 ounces of cream cheese together until mixed throughly. Form the mixture into a ball. Refrigerate the ball for one hour. While the mixture is firming up in the refrigerator, slice olives into thin slices. Put the cream cheese into the microwave for 10 seconds on high. Take the ball out and 'frost' it with the cream cheese. Cover with slices of olive. Cover and seal, place in the refrigerator and take it out when you are ready to serve. Serve with crackers.
It may not be all that pretty, but above is what your mixture will look like when you put it into the refrigerator to firm up.
You should be proud to serve this up to your holiday guests and they will love it! Add this braunschweiger ball to your holiday party cocktail party table!
I will be sharing this at the following link parties: The Scoop