What do you think of these fun and kind of creepy Halloween treats? I don’t usually like real creepy food like those heads covered with meat. Those things just kind of make me lose my appetite. These aren’t too scary or gross and the kids love them. These are really easy because I started with store bought donut holes! These are an easy and fun addition to your Halloween Party table. I took the donut holes and dipped them in white candy melts.
When the candy melt has set on the “eyeballs” use some Lifesavers Gummy Savers to give the eye it’s color and then add a chocolate candy for the pupil. Using some red decorating gel, pipe on the bloodshot look and you have your eyeballs!
- Cake balls OR Donut Holes
- White Candy Melts
- Green Gummy Savers
- Brown or Black M&Ms
- Wilton Red Decorating Gel
- Heat up your candy melts.
- Dip each cake ball or donut hole in white candy melts.
- Set each “eyeball” on wax paper and before the candy melts set, “glue” on a green Gummy Saver and put an M&M in the middle.
- When the candy melts have set, use your decorating gel to add your bloodshot look.
I used a clear lucite tray topped with “bloody” window clings to serve up the eyeballs. It is as if they were each just ripped out and are still bleeding. Have fun and Happy Halloween!
See this and all kinds of great ideas at the following link parties:
The Party Gals Linky Party | Happiness Is Homemade Link Party | Thank Goodness It’s Thursday | Friday Flash Blog | Create and Share DIY and Recipe Party | It’s A Party ~ Creative Princess | Inspire Us Thursday | I Gotta Create ~ Wildly Original Link Party | Creativity Unleashed | Celebrate It! Blog Party