It is Fall football party time! Gather your friends for a Sunday afternoon rivalry or to cheer on your favorite team. For thirty some years I was a Clevelander, so I felt like I had to support the poor struggling Cleveland Browns and there is no other rivalry for the Browns than the championship Pittsburgh Steelers! This long standing rivalry seemed like a fun way to gather for some Sunday football fun! The Browns and the Steelers won’t be playing one another for another month or so, but we can celebrate our favorite teams as we watch the Sunday NFL games!
This post is sponsored by Tervis. I received free samples of their product, all opinions are my own. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Fall football parties call for hearty food, and this get together was no exception. I served up wings, corn chip chili pie, kielbasa-pineapple bites along with veggies, chips and dips. No one left hungry!
- 2 15 ounce cans of Hormel Chili no beans
- 1 10.5 ounce bag of Frito Corn Chips
- 2 Cups of grated cheddar Cheese
- 2 10.5 ounce bags of Frito Scoops (optional for dipping or tortilla chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dump the bag of corn chips in a 9 x 12 casserole dish.
- Spread the 2 cans of chili over the top of the chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and top with the cheese, return it to the oven and bake for a remaining 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Keep hot in a chafing dish and serve with tortilla chips or Frito Scoops
What goes with food and football? Beer, of course! I am not much of a beer drinker but I love celebrating my favorite NFL team with these great Tervis tumblers! Tervis reached out and asked if I would share some of their NFL tumblers this year. In Florida we all love Tervis since there is no “sweating” on the outside of the cups and they keep your beverages icy cold!
For me, hosting a party is much more interesting than the game, so I had to dress the table like a football field! Green felt was a great base topped with narrow white Duck tape table yard markers along with white sticker numbers. All of the football dishes are from Dollar Tree, a great bargain which really adds to the themeing of this gathering.Ball canning jars with wide mouth openings were painted with brown acrylic paint and I then added white paint “laces” to them. These were filled with some green shred and then had the plasticware placed into them for easy access. No matter which one of the 32 NFL Football teams you are a fan of, Tervis has a tumbler for you! A member of the “Dawg Pound” or standing behind the “Steel Curtain”, they have you covered. Head on over to Tervis.com and check out their entire selection of NFL tumblers! What is your favorite team? How do you celebrate? Let me know in the comments!