This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerTastes #CollectiveBias
It is time for a fun summertime dinner and what says summer like a flock of flamingos? There are so many fun flamingo decorations and dishes around this year, it seemed inevitable that I was going to choose these pink fellows for a fun dinner theme. Summertime is grilling time for me and I am always looking for an easy side dish to go along with chicken or beef right off the grill. So, let me show you a new recipe I came up with and a great beverage that compliments it so well!
Check out these fun ice tea glasses with little pink flamingos all over them! Oh Home Goods, how you suck me in! At 2.99 each, what the heck, I am going to have a summertime dinner all about flamingos! Add these fun flamingo straws to your glasses and you really have upped your party game! I found these at Oriental Trading ! They have so many fun flamingo party goods!
If you are going to have a flamingo dinner, you have to include one of those giant inflatable pool floats! This is a great way to add substantial themed decor at a minimal price, even if you don’t have a pool! Look at her, trying to sneak up to the food and beverage table!
With the Florida heat bearing down on us here it’s best to keep things light and simple. Grilling outside is always a good option which is what I did for this alfresco dinner. What to sip on while grilling? Some cold Gold Peak Tea! Alongside my chicken I served up my brand new Tzatziki Pasta Salad recipe. This pasta salad takes things to a whole new level, the dill of the tzatziki gives it a great summery taste and keep things healthy by cutting the mayo!
Start by cooking your Barilla pasta according to the directions on the box. In my experience Barilla pasta brings al dente perfection to every pasta meal… from their bow-tie pasta I used here to their spaghetti pasta. As the pasta is cooking cut up some cherry tomatoes and blanch your asparagus.
Once the pasta has cooled it’s time to get mixin’. Tzatziki goes a long way! Make sure you mix just a little at a time into the pasta until you have the amount you prefer!
Once the tzatziki is mixed in add the remaining ingredients! It really is as simple as that… and as with most pasta salads it’s ok if there are leftovers because it tastes just as good, if not better, the next day.
I love serving up a pasta dish with fresh veggies! For more delicious summer recipes, click here!
- 12 Ounces Barilla Farfalle (pre-cooked weight)
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Bunches of Fresh Asparagus
- 2 Cups of Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ Cup Slivered Almonds
- 8 ounces of Tzatziki
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the Barilla pasta in boiling water about 11 minutes until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water and then toss with the olive oil.
- Refrigerate the pasta while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut the tips off of your asparagus (reserve the rest for a casserole or soup)
- Steam the asparagus until tender. Immediately remove it from the stovetop, drain, rinse in cold water and plunge the asparagus tips in a bowl of ice water.
- Cut your Cherry tomatoes in halves.
- Drain the asparagus from the ice water and mix all of the remaining ingredients together.
- Serve this with your favorite summertime grilled meat and some Gold Peak Tea for a delicious summer dinner.
What to put in those fun glasses? Ice cold Gold Peak Tea! I offered up the Lemonade Tea and Peach Tea. These Gold Peak Teas taste great and they take the guesswork out of creating flavored teas, because they do it for you!
I garnished one decanter with sliced lemons and one with peaches for my respective teas, this way my guests knew which was which. Grab a glass, pour and start sipping on your flamingo straw! If your family likes other flavors, Gold Peak has an entire lineup of delicious flavors, try their Sweet Tea, perfect for us Southerners!