This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StouffersHoliday #CollectiveBias
My husband makes the best homemade Caesar salad dressing. He has been making this since our children were as young as our grandchildren are now. My mom remembers my daughter, now a mother herself, kneeling on a bar stool and after receiving a taste of the dressing from her daddy declaring it “too sour”! My daughter makes this salad for her own family now, with her little girl getting to taste the dressing to determine if it is “too sour”.
I have been so busy with a first Christmas in a new home, furniture (finally!) being delivered along with baking cookies and wrapping gifts. This salad is the perfect beginning to a quick dinner at home. My husband whipped up his caesar dressing and tossed in a bag of pre-washed romaine. I made some of my homemade croutons as a STOUFFER’S® Lasagna cooked in the oven.
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Clove of garlic put through a press
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil (or to taste)
- 1 Dash of Tabasco Sauce
- 1 Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup of Croutons
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Put the salt in a large wooden salad bowl and add the crushed garlic.
- Using the back of a soup spoon, mash the salt and the garlic together until they become a paste.
- Mix in the egg yolk.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the bowl, (cut the lemon in half and squeeze each half through a clean piece of cheesecloth or a white napkin to keep seeds out).
- Add the olive oil, the dash of Tabasco sauce and the Worcestershire Sauce.
- Stir well and taste. If your dressing is too sour, add a little bit of olive oil until you are happy with the taste.
- Toss over washed and torn romaine lettuce, mix in the Parmesan Cheese and croutons and add fresh ground pepper to taste.
Want to make your own croutons like I do? Slice a few pieces of French bread, cut them into cubes. Drizzle the cubes of bread with a mixture of melted butter and garlic. Bake in the oven until the cubes are nice a crispy. Perfect for a caesar salad!
We shoved the gifts and gift wrap down to one end of the table then sat down to enjoy a nice break and a delicious dinner!
Today I was at Walmart picking up tape and gift wrap, so I grabbed a couple of STOUFFER’S® Lasagnas. These are perfect to have on hand during these busy days for a quick and delicious dinner. Walmart has a great selection of STOUFFER’S® entrees. AND the STOUFFER’S® Lasagna Family Size are on Rollback pricing through the end of the year at Walmart.
Looking for more great side dishes to pair with your STOUFFER’S® Lasagna? Check out the Flavorful Moments Pinterest board for more recipes and inspiration!
What is your favorite holiday side dish or salad? Let me know in the comments below!
I will be sharing at the following link parties: No Rules Weekend Blog Party!