The time of year is upon us, High School Graduations, College Graduations, even celebrations for those going from Middle School on to High School. Many of these ideas are tried and true, but some may be new to you. I hope these spark your imagination for your celebrations! Read on for 21 great ideas for Graduation Parties!
1. Spiffy invitations will always intrigue your guests. (Yes, I used the word “spiffy”.) I like this invitation because it incorporates something the graduate likes and sets a theme for the party.
Invitation and image from Remarkable Home
2. Why not add some themed postage to make your even special?
Image and postage from Perfect Postage
3. Custom tee shirt for the graduate. Are you having a casual get-together? With a custom tee shirt everyone will know who the graduate is, and it will look great in photos, too.
Shirt and image from Gifts For You Now
4. Use their future college as the theme for the party. Use the college colors, logos, balloons, party ware and more!
Image from Corner of Plaid and Paisley
5. Graduation cap inspired food.
Recipe and directions from The Seven Year Cottage
6. Use stacks of books tied with ribbons as centerpieces. Cover the books and put appropriate titles on them, perhaps for the field of study the graduate is going into. Tie them with ribbons in the graduate’s High School or College colors.
Image from Design Come True
7. Design your party around “Key to your future” theme.
Image and cake from Kapruka.
8. Owls are popular right now and owls are a symbol of intelligence. How about incorporating owls as your party theme?
9. Diploma inspired sandwiches.
Image from Party on purpose shop.
10. “Picture Your Future” themed party. Photoshop the graduate into all kinds of job roles and situations, President, CEO, Fireman, Doctor, etc.
11. More graduation cap treats! This time, peanut butter cups and After Eight mints.
Image and instructions: Taste of Home
12. Use the graduation year numbers as your theme. Have a cake made out of the numbers, cookies in the numbers, feature a banner with the graduation year in large numbers. Get giant cardboard numbers from your craft store and paint them in the high school or university colors, or decoupage photos of the graduate all over them.
Cut the year of graduation out of fruit using cookie cutters and skewer them to feature in lemonade. This idea is by Debi Lilly, found at Right at Home.
13. Make graduate pretzel pops!
Instructions and image from: Hungry Happenings
14. Chocolate covered ‘graduation’ strawberries.
Image and instructions from: Punchbowl
15. Gift the grad with a graduation lei! This lucky young man got not just a flower lei, but also a candy lei (great for those middle schoolers), and best of all a dollar bill lei. Leigh Anne at Homebased Parties tells you all about it!
Image from Your Homebased Parties
16. Make custom water bottle labels featuring your graduate.
Check out Evermine for all the details.
17. Make or buy custom labels for Hershey Kisses for your party. You can add photos of your graduate, their name or monogram, or just school colors and their graduation year.
18. For one last occasion feature the graduate’s high school colors.
Image: Crissy’s Crafts
19. Keeping with those colors, how about tying up some candy sticks for favors to look like little tied up diplomas?
Image: Party City
20. Have papers and pens available next to a large jar, labeled “Advice for the Graduate,” let everyone write a message for them.
21. One last theme I really like is using light bulbs, specifically light bulb containers. Use them for centerpieces, decor and favors! They are so great to add little tags to that say “your future looks bright.” You can find the containers at Hobby Lobby for .99 each.
Image: Occasions online
If you need ideas for your upcoming graduation party this collection should provide you with some ideas! Have fun and CELEBRATE!