What isn’t made more delicious when wrapped in bacon? Bacon wrapped pineapple is a favorite appetizer of mine, and evidently of all my guests, since they disappear so quickly! These are so easy and SO delicious! This is one of those great appetizers you can prepare early in the day, pop them into the refrigerator until you are ready to put them in the oven. Two packages of bacon should cover the pineapple from one fresh pineapple.Just three ingredients needed for these delicious tidbits! Pineapple, bacon and some brown sugar! I don’t know about you, but I love delicious recipes that only call for a few ingredients!
- 2 one pound packages of bacon
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 C brown sugar
- Prepare baking pan or jelly roll pan with parchment paper liner
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Open each package of bacon and cut it in half vertically
- Cut the fresh pineapple into chunks
- Dredge each piece of bacon through the brown sugar
- Wrap each of bacon around a piece of pineapple and secure with a toothpick
- Place in the parchment paper lined pan and bake at 375 for 30 minutes
Tips: You can use canned pineapple chunks, but you may have trouble getting the toothpick to secure the bundle. Make sure the pan you are using has a lip on it. The sugar may leach from the bacon and can cause a big mess in your oven if it drips onto the surface of your oven. I hope you try this sometime soon and let me know if it is as popular at your home as it is at mine!