Raise your hand if you love sweet and salty things mixed together! I know I do! Isn’t that the best? This is my favorite Halloween party mix, a mix of chewy and crispy and sweet and salty! This makes a great party treat, or just a sweet goody to tuck a little bag of into a lunch box.
This doesn’t take a lot of work, it is mostly about measuring out the ingredients and mixing them carefully. You want this treat to be mixed thoroughly, but you don’t want to break the pretzels and crackers into pieces.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Begin with Hershey’s Dipped Pretzels. One bag of these is all you need.
Melt some chocolate melting wafers either in your microwave or in a melting pot like my Wilton melting pot. Set your dipped pretzels out on a piece of parchment paper and dip a candy eyeball into the melted chocolate and set it onto the pretzel. Repeat so that each pretzel gets a pair of eyes like you see below. I found it easier to work with a pair of tweezers to dip the candy eyes.
Let the dipped pretzels harden off completely. You may put them in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or you can just leave them in a cool location overnight.
Next, you want to gather your ingredients. Use an individual bowl for each item.
- small pretzels
- small cheese crackers
- Halloween M & M’s
- Harvest Mix candy
- Hershey’s dipped pretzels with added eyes
, small pretzels (you may use any small pretzels, knots, sticks, etc.), popcorn (plain or flavored, your preference), small square cheese crackers (I used Cheese-its),
Use a large clear glass container to display and serve your party mix. Begin with a measuring cup adding one cup of each item at a time, layering them as you go.
Not just the little ghouls and goblins will be gobbling up this yummy party mix when you set it out on your Halloween party table!
Make sure you top of your dish of Halloween party mix with some of those chocolate pretzels with the eyeballs keeping an eye on everyone digging in!
You can see how cute it is to display this in a tall clear glass container with those eyes strategically placed along the sides peering out. They seem to be shouting, “let me out of here!” If you don’t have something like this, a trifle bowl is a great choice that will give you the same look!
For ideas on how to style your party table along with this delicious snack mix, check out my Colorful and Fun Halloween Party Table!
Guests couldn’t wait for me to set this on the table, they were ready to dig in!
- 1 8.5 ounce bag Hershey's Dipped Pretzels
- 1 16 ounce bag of Snyder's of Hanover mini pretzels
- 1 21 ounce box of Cheez-it White Cheddar Baked Snack Crackers
- 2 5 ounce bags of Smartfood Smart 50 Sweet & Salty popcorn
- 1 10 ounce bag of Ghoul's Mix M&M's
- 1 ounce bottle of candy eyes
- 1 1.55 ounce Hershey's chocolate bar
- 1 20 ounce bag of Brach's Autumn Mix
- Open the Hershey's dipped pretzels and lay them out on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper on a dish or cookie sheet.
- Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and put them into a microwave safe bowl.
- Put them in the microwave and heat at 70% power for 30 seconds. Take it out and stir. Repeat as necessary for additional 30 seconds until the chocolate is melted.
- Using tweezers, dip a candy eyeball into the melted chocolate so that just the back of the candy gets the melted chocolate on it and promptly stick it to the dipped pretzel.
- Repeat this process until every dipped pretzel has two eyeballs on it.
- Place the dipped pretzels into the refrigerator while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- Open the rest of your ingredients and put each into their own bowls.
- Have a large glass container that you are going to serve your snack mix in ready to add the mix to.
- Begin by adding one cup of pretzels to the container.
- Add one quarter cup of M&M's.
- Add one cup of cheese crackers.
- Add one quarter cup of autumn mix.
- Take the dipped pretzels out of the refrigerator and gently place some of them around the sides of the container so they are looking out.
- Add one cup of popcorn.
- Repeat starting back at #9. Continue to layer in that order until your container is full.
- Store any remaining snack mix in an airtight container.