How to make this Colorful, Fun, & Delicious Sweet & Salty Halloween Party Mix!
Raise your hand if you love sweet and salty things mixed together! I know I do! Isn’t that the best? This is my favorite Halloween mix, a little chewy and crispy and sweet and salty! This makes a great Halloween treat for Halloween parties, or just a sweet goody to tuck a little bit of into a lunch box. Best of all, it is an easy recipe!
This doesn’t take a lot of work, it is mostly about measuring out the ingredients and mixing them carefully. You want this treat to be mixed thoroughly, but you don’t want to break the pretzels and crackers into pieces.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Begin with Hershey’s Dipped Pretzels. One bag of these is all you need.
Melt some chocolate melting wafers or chocolate chips either in your microwave or in a melting pot like my Wilton melting pot. Alternatively you can use a large saucepan as a double boiler to melt your chocolate. Set your dipped pretzels out on a piece of waxed paper or parchment paper on a baking sheet, and dip a candy eyeball into the melted chocolate and set it onto the pretzel. Repeat so that each pretzel gets a pair of eyes like you see below. I found it easier to work with a pair of tweezers to dip the candy eyes.
Let the dipped pretzels harden off completely. You may put them in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or you can just leave them on the cookie sheet in a cool location overnight. These are way more fun than just tossing in chocolate candy!
Next, you want to gather your ingredients. Use an individual bowl for each item.
- mini pretzels
- small cheese crackers
- Halloween M & M’s
- Harvest Mix candy (or classic candy corn)
- Hershey’s dipped pretzels with added eyes
The best part about this recipe is you can alter it to add your favorite ingredients!
mini pretzels (you may use any mini pretzels, knots, sticks, etc.), popcorn (plain, kettle corn or caramel or flavored), small square cheese crackers (I used Cheese-its), candy pumpkins, peanut m&m, reeses pieces, or your favorite candy
Use a large clear glass container to display and serve your party mix. Begin with a measuring cup adding one cup of each item at a time, layering them as you go. You can see from the ingredients that this is a perfect combination of a salty snack mix and a sweet snack mix! I store all of my ingredients measured out in separate airtight containers until I am ready to mix and serve this easy Halloween snack mix!
Not just the little ghouls and goblins will be gobbling up this festive party mix when you set it out on your Halloween party table!
Make sure you top of your dish of Halloween party mix with some of those chocolate pretzels with the eyeballs keeping an eye on everyone digging in! It is so much fun to place those little pretzel guys in the clear bowl with them peeking out!
You can see how cute it is to display this in a tall clear glass container with those eyes strategically placed along the sides peering out. They seem to be shouting, “let me out of here!” If you don’t have something like this, a trifle bowl is a great choice that will give you the same look! Even if you aren’t hosting a party, this is a fun snack for movie night.
For ideas on how to style your party table along with this delicious snack mix, check out my Colorful and Fun Halloween Party Table!
Guests couldn’t wait for me to set this on the table, they were ready to dig in!
Click below for the full recipe:
Sweet and Salty Halloween Party Mix
Colorful and delicious Halloween snack mix
- 1 8.5 ounce bag Hershey's Dipped Pretzels
- 1 16 ounce bag of Snyder's of Hanover mini pretzels
- 1 21 ounce box of Cheez-it White Cheddar Baked Snack Crackers
- 2 5 ounce bags of Smartfood Smart 50 Sweet & Salty popcorn
- 1 10 ounce bag of Ghoul's Mix M&M's
- 1 ounce bottle of candy eyes
- 1 1.55 ounce Hershey's chocolate bar
- 1 20 ounce bag of Brach's Autumn Mix
- Open the Hershey's dipped pretzels and lay them out on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper on a dish or cookie sheet.
- Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and put them into a microwave safe bowl.
- Put them in the microwave and heat at 70% power for 30 seconds. Take it out and stir. Repeat as necessary for additional 30 seconds until the chocolate is melted.
- Using tweezers, dip a candy eyeball into the melted chocolate so that just the back of the candy gets the melted chocolate on it and promptly stick it to the dipped pretzel.
- Repeat this process until every dipped pretzel has two eyeballs on it.
- Place the dipped pretzels into the refrigerator while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- Open the rest of your ingredients and put each into their own bowls.
- Have a large glass container that you are going to serve your snack mix in ready to add the mix to.
- Begin by adding one cup of pretzels to the container.
- Add one quarter cup of M&M's.
- Add one cup of cheese crackers.
- Add one quarter cup of autumn mix.
- Take the dipped pretzels out of the refrigerator and gently place some of them around the sides of the container so they are looking out.
- Add one cup of popcorn.
- Repeat starting back at #9. Continue to layer in that order until your container is full.
- Store any remaining snack mix in an airtight container.