Spring is finally arriving throughout most of the Country and as I look around my home, I know I need a little bit of freshening up. I have several ideas I am planning on using this Spring.
1. Purchase and add a bright new area rug. Whether you have hardwood, carpet or tile, you can always add an area rug, and if you already have an area rug, you can roll up the one you have and have it cleaned while you are using a fresh new one and then switch them out again in the Fall. Adding a sisal or sisal-look area rug gives any area a more summery look.
Photo: Z Gallerie
2. Add a pop of Spring with accessories that express summer, boats, beaches, picnics and summer camp. Prop up a few pictures of summer activities or travel posters. Cluster some jars or cloches of summery items, children’s toys, like jacks and jump ropes, sea shells, or sand toys.
3. Consider switching out your window treatments with something light and breezy like these scarf-like curtains.
Photo: One Kings Lane
4. My favorite lamp to use to mix up my decor is a fillable lamp like the one below. Put some of those fun things in it, like colorful marbles, sand and seashells, some nautical ropes or anything else that means summer to you. Come Fall you can change out your summer accents with nuts, acorns or pinecones.
Lamp: Available at Shades of Light for $139.00
5. Make a pop with pillows. Change out your everyday pillows with some bright prints or fun pastels for a fresh summer look.
Photo: Richard Leo Johnson; Stylist: Sunday Hendrickson (Coastal Living)
Do a through Spring cleaning so your home is ready, and then have fun finding some accents for your home to make it pop for spring! I am looking forward to adding some changes around my house!