I decided for my Academy Awards party I really needed a signature drink. These black martini glasses were just perfect for the occasion, so martinis it would be. Staying with the black and gold theme, I first rimmed each glass with gold sanding sugars. Next came basic martini ingredients with a little tropical twist.
To rim the glasses, roll the rim of each glass in water and immediately roll it through a dish of gold sanding sugar. To dress up my glasses, I used my tiny gold disco balls stuck onto a plastic stirrer which was anchored with a chunk of fresh pineapple.
- 2 Ounces of Absolut Vodka
- 1 Ounce Martini and Rossi Dry Vermouth
- 1 Ounce Sparkling ICE Coconut Pineapple Flavor
- Gold Sanding Sugar (for rimming the glasses)
- Fresh Pineapple chunks (for garnish)
- Add the Vodka, Dry Vermouth and Sparkling ICE in a cocktail shaker with ice, shake well and using the strainer in the shaker, pour the beverage into a glass.
Add the Vodka, Dry Vermouth and TalkingRain Sparkling ICE Coconut Pineapple in cocktail shaker with ice, shake well and using the strainer in the shaker, pour the beverage into a glass. I set up my martini bar next to my multi-flavored popcorn bar, appropriately served in over-sized martini glasses!