Chicken salad is a favorite at my house, my hubby will gladly have it for dinner and then take the leftovers for lunch the next day! I think this is the best chicken salad recipe, and it is pretty darn healthy and really easy! Try this for a light summertime dinner, bring it to a summer party or just treat yourself to a delicious, quick, lunch!
I like to use chicken tenders since they cook so quickly, but you can also use any boneless skinless chicken breast meat. Start by poaching your chicken.
This is my secret ingredient! I don’t use mayonnaise or sour cream or plain yogurt, I use Sabra Tzatziki! It gives my chicken salad a little tanginess and is absolutely the perfect flavor to enhance the other ingredients. Here are the ingredients being gathered together after the chicken has been poached. Cool the chicken completely in the refrigerator before you begin to cut it and it will cube easier. I buy my Sabra tzatziki at Sam’s Club. This is the only place I can find this tzatziki, but I have asked my local grocer to carry it. I am surprised because all of the other stores I shop in carry lots of varieties of Sabra hummus.
- 1 Pound Skinless boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 C Green Seedless Grapes halved (approximately 40 grapes)
- 1/2 C Chopped Walnuts
- 2/3 C of Sabra Tzatziki
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- Poach your chicken in your prefered method OR Put chicken on the stovetop in a sauce pan with enough water to cover the chicken.
- Add 1 T Olive Oil to the water.
- Bring the water to a boil and then turn down the temperature to low, cover the sauce pan and cook on low for about 15 more minutes or until the chicken is done. (This time will depend upon how thick your chicken is. This is why I like to use chicken tenders.)
- This yields me about 11 ounces of cooked chicken or 2 1/2 Cups of cubed chicken
- Cube the chicken.
- Mix the cubed chicken, grapes, walnuts, tzatziki and salt and pepper together.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Cube your poached chicken once it has cooled.
Add one half cup of coarsely chopped English walnut pieces to the cubed chicken. Use one cup of green seedless grapes, about 40 grapes. Cut each of the grapes in half and add them to the chicken and the walnut pieces. Add 3/4 of a cup of Sabra tzatziki to the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly, cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve. I served up the chicken salad on a bed of red leaf lettuce with some sweet cherry tomatoes and a pretzel roll. I have also served it in a half a cantaloupe or on a croissant.
I hope you get to try out this recipe, it has been very popular with everyone I have made it for. You can mix this up and add or change up any of the ingredients, such as adding celery or onion, or replacing the grapes with blueberries. Make this your own, or prepare this chicken salad recipe just like I do!
I have not been compensated for this post in any way, nor was any product provided to me for consideration or promotion. All opinions and the recipe herein are my own.
I will be sharing this at the following link parties: Brag About It | Your Inspired Design | BTTCG BLOG PARTY | Dishing It and Digging It | Show and Share | The Scoop | Project Inspired | Wonderful Wednesday | Tips and Tricks | Five Star Frou-frou | Amaze Me Monday | Make it Pretty Monday | A Bouquet of Talent |