Chloe in the Kitchen ~ Baked Brie
There is nothing my guests like better than to see my hot, gooey brie come out of the oven. I make it extra special by cutting the brie in half and adding some nice surprises inside. Apricots, cherries, almonds and some brown sugar make this pastry covered brie a big hit at my house!
- One 8 inch wheel of Brie or Camembert
- One Sheet of Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1/4 Cup of dried cherries (chopped to the size of raisins)
- 1/4 Cup of dried apricots (chopped to the size of raisins)
- 1/4 Cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 Egg whisked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unwrap your Brie and using a sharp knife warmed by running under hot water, slice the wheel of cheese horizontally and take the top half off the bottom half and set aside.
- Mix the cherries, almonds and brown sugar together and spread the mixture on the bottom half of the cheese.
- Set the top half back on the wheel, over top of the mixture.
- Press it down to secure the mixture in the middle.
- Take out a sheet of thawed puff pastry and unfold it. Set the Brie wheel on the puff pastry and wrap the pastry all around the wheel.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the whisked egg onto the seams of the puff pastry. Brush the rest of the puff pastry with the egg mixture.
- Place the wheel on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the pastry is turning a nice golden color.
- Lower the temperature to 325 and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish and serve with any fresh fruit and enjoy!
I would love to try this!! Just pinned and will be sharing on Facebook!
Hugs from Freedom Fridays!
Thanks so much Evelyn!
Hugs back to you!
Chloe, This sounds wonderful! I used to make something similar years ago, but I must do it again soon! Thanks for sharing this recipe. Holly