I don’t know where my mother got her Curry and Rice recipe, but I remember her making this for us as far back as when I was in Elementary school. This is one of those easy recipes that starts with a can of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup. Starting with your soup as a base, makes this such a quick and easy meal.
One of the things I always found the most fun about curry and rice when I was a child was that I got to choose my own toppings. I served up this dish for my Night Safari Dinner Party. For this event I chose to offer my guests peanuts, coconut and raisins to top their dishes. There are so many creative things you can offer to your guest for toppings: raisins, craisins, crushed or chunks of pineapple, peanuts, scallions or even small chunks of apples. Serve up your toppings in colorful little bowls and let your guests create their perfect curry!
- One Can of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2/3 Cup of Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 3 Ounces of Chicken Breast cut in cubes (you can substitute any other meat)
- 3 Cups of Uncle Ben’s White or Brown Rice
- Prepare your rice per the package instructions.
- Open your Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup and put it in a microwave safe bowl. Add the milk and the curry into the soup, mixing well, then add the chicken. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until your curry mixture is hot.
- Serve immediately with toppings in separate bowls for guests to add to their own dishes.
Let me know in the comments if you have any memories of curry dishes you’ve been served. And please, let me know if you try this recipe, I’d love to hear from you!