I am so happy that Valentine’s Day is on a Saturday this year, I am getting to do one of my favorite things by serving my hubby breakfast in bed! I used these same little heart-shaped dishes for baking my chocolate chip cookies for sundaes. For this special breakfast in bed, I am using the dishes for individual quiches.
Breakfast in bed is such a fun treat to prepare for your sweetheart. I love the heart shaped dishes I found, both for baking the quiche and for the fruit. Of course it had to be accompanied by a Mimosa and a red rose. I found my dishes and the Valentine’s kitchen towels I used as a placemat and a napkin all at Home Goods.
These little dishes are oven, microwave and dishwasher safe. I am sure they will be getting a lot of use over the years!
You will want your crust to look golden like this one before you begin to put your ingredients for the quiche into it.
- A single refrigerated pie crust (I use Pillsbury All-Ready Pie Crust)
- One cup of cubed fully-cooked ham
- One cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your quiche dishes by spraying them with a non-stick baking spray and then carefully place your pie crust in each dish. Pinch down the top edges and then line the pie crust with aluminum foil and put pie weights or dry beans on top of the foil to weigh down your pie crust. Bake the pie crusts for 10 minutes, take them out and carefully remove the weights and foil and put them back in the oven for 5 minutes for the bottom to brown.
- Remove the pie crusts from the oven and let them cool completely. Put one half of the ham, cheese and scallions in each crust. Beat the eggs, salt and pepper and half and half together and pour it over the ham and cheese, dividing it equally into each dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees or until the quiche is firm, remove from the oven and serve hot. You can also prepare these the night before and just reheat them in the microwave for breakfast.
I can’t think of a nicer surprise on Valentine’s morning! Of course I made two of these so we can just relax and enjoy together! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day with whoever it is that you love and whoever loves you!
I’ll be sharing this at the following link parties: Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop | On Display Thursday | This Is How We Roll Thursday | It’s A Party | Thank Goodness It’s Thursday | The Weekend Social | Friday Flash Blog | Great Ideas Thursday | Dare to Share