Cozy Up With a Hot Chocolate Bar
That cold weather is returning so it is time to heat up the hot chocolate and invite the crowd in for a break from skiing, sledding, snowman building or just making snow angels. When it is time to dry off and warm off, a hot chocolate bar is a fun and festive way to chase away the cold!
My little red truck from Christmas was cleaned up and is now ready to deliver miniature marshmallows at my hot chocolate bar!
I set up my hot cocoa bar on the bar in our tavern room. My farmhouse table is just across the room, so everyone can fix up their hot chocolate and sit down for some great conversation or game of cards!
Tiny bottles of Bailey’s were available at the bar for anyone who might want to warm up with a little liqueur!
- 2 1/2 Cups of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 Cups of Whole Milk
- 1 14 ounce can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- Miniature Marshmallows (for garnish)
- Whipping Cream (for garnish)
- Mix all ingredients (except those for garnish) and place them in a large slow cooker on low for about two hours. Serve with a ladle into mugs and let guests top it with their choice of toppings.
Of course for a proper hot chocolate bar, you need plenty of hot chocolate, so I whipped up a batch of my favorite slow cooker hot chocolate.
Fun mugs with different sayings make it easy for everyone to keep track of their own hot cocoa concoction!