I don’t post a lot of recipes, when I do, it has to be something that is special to me. By special, I don’t mean complex, I just mean there is a delicious outcome. According to my family this is THE BEST CHIP DIP EVER! This is one REALLY easy recipe, but trust me, it is YUMMY! I don’t know about you, but we don’t eat potato chips very much, this is more of a party and holiday thing for us. So, if it is party time, bring out the best chip dip ever!
- 2 8 ounce packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- One Medium Sweet Onion
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1 Cherry tomato for garnish
- Let your cream cheese reach room temperature.
- Open the cream cheese and put it in a mixing bowl.
- Grate the onion over the cream cheese so that the grated onion and the juice from the grating all goes into the cream cheese.
- Mix the onion into the cream cheese well.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of the chopped chives to the cream cheese and onion mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight to let the onion flavor mix with the cream cheese.
- To serve, bring the dip out to warm up to room temperature, serve in an ice cream dish, top with the remaining chopped chives and garnish with a cherry tomato.
Assemble your ingredients!
Go to town, grating the onion over the cream cheese, you need to get all of the juice into the cream cheese. I know it doesn’t look like much at this point, but we are getting there!Cream the onions, juice from the onions, the chives and the cream cheese together well. Refrigerate overnight so the flavors really meld!
Serve and Enjoy the Compliments!