A Shiny Brite Christmas Tree
A Shiny Brite Christmas Tree
Sometime last year my mother gave me a box of Shiny Brite Christmas ornaments. The box wasn’t full, just had a few ornaments left. These were the only ones left from some we had used to decorate our tree for years when I was a child. I have always loved the ornate glass ornaments. I thought an entire Shiny Brite Christmas tree would be such a treasure. I spent October and November at my daughter’s in Maryland. I couldn’t wait until I got home, so I put up a tree at right there! So…why don’t you come inside and see how all of those Shiny Brite ornaments look on the tree!
The Shiny Brite ornaments are exactly what the name says, they are shiny and glisten with sparkly accents like glitter and colorful painted patterns.
In 1937, Max Eckardt established Shiny Brite ornaments, working with the Corning Glass company to mass-produce glass Christmas ornaments. Eckardt had been importing hand-blown glass balls from Germany since around 1907, but had the foresight to anticipate a disruption in his supply from the upcoming war. Corning adapted their process for making light bulbs to making clear glass ornaments, which were then shipped to Eckardt’s factories to be decorated by hand. The fact that Shiny Brite ornaments were an American-made product was stressed as a selling point during World War II.All of the ornaments on this tree are the “new” Shiny Brite ornaments. In the 1990’s Christopher Radko revived the Shiny Brite name and began producing these beauties again. My dream of having a tree full of these lovely ornaments is a reality. Of course the magic of a Christmas tree is when you turn on those lights at night. This tree glows and shows off those pretty ornaments. This tree called for simplicity. The only thing I added other than the ornaments were little snips of ribbon that said, “Merry Christmas”. I thought this ribbon fit with the vintage look of the ornaments.
Magical is how I describe the scenes as I gaze at this tree in the evenings.
I hope you enjoyed the peek of my vintage look tree! Now…it is time to get some more inspiration!
Welcome To Our Third Annual Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop!
Looking for Christmas Tree decorating ideas? We are sharing 40 absolutely beautiful Christmas Trees from some of your favorite home decor bloggers.
It’s the third year of the Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop hosted by Our Crafty Mom.
You will find holiday inspiration for just about every Christmas tree style.
The fun starts on Friday, November 29th and continues through Saturday, November 30th.
We hope you will visit the talented bloggers linked below. This blog hop is something we look forward to every year and we hope you do too.
Grab your favorite beverage and settle in for some beautiful Christmas Tree decor inspiration!
h3>Let’s Meet The Hosts!
- Christmas Home Tour from Kippi at Home
- Christmas Tree With Traditional And Rustic Colors from Tribe of Burton
- Blue and White Chinoiserie Holiday Tree from Simple Nature Decor
- Colorful White Christmas Tree from Creative Ramblings
- A Farmhouse Style Christmas Tree from Simply Beautiful by Angela
- Christmas Trees 2019 from Virginia Sweet Pea
- Red Plaid Christmas Tree from 2 Bees in a Pod
- Christmas Tree Decor from Create and Babble
- DIY Luke 2 Christmas Tree from To Work with My Hands
- How To Decorate A Rustic Neutral Christmas Tree from One Thousand Oaks
- Simple and Elegant Country Class Christmas Tree Redneck Rhapsody
- Traditional Family Christmas Tree from Sustain My Craft Habit
- Christmas Tree Inspiration Ideas from My Life On Kaydeross Creek
- How To Put Ribbon On A Christmas Tree from Upright and Caffeinated
- Beautiful Minimal Christmas Tree Decor from Sonya Burgess
- Christmas Tree Ideas from Welcome to the Woods
- Christmas Tree Decor from Teadoddles
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Celebrate and Decorate
- Rustic Plaid Woodland Christmas Tree from Zucchini Sisters
- A Buffalo Check Flocked Christmas Tree from Weekend Craft
- Cozy Minimal Christmas Tree from Northern Feeling
- A Peppermint Striped Christmas Tree from County Road 407
- Elegant Flocked Christmas Tree With Blue and Silver from Our Crafty Mom
- Fabulous Tree in Blue, Rose Gold and Copper from Across the Boulevard
- Mini Beachmas Tree from My Pinterventures
- Plaid Decorated Christmas Tree from Intelligent Domestications
- Red Truck Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree from Modern on Monticello
- Christmas Tree Decor from Southern Yankee DIY
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from First Day of Home
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from From House to Home
- Christmas Tree Home Tour from Just That Perfect Piece
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Farmhouse Inspired Christmas Tree from Daily DIY Life
- Decorated Flocked Christmas Tree With Homemade Ornaments from Thrifted Nest
- Farmhouse Christmas Tree from Domestic Deadline
- Christmas Tree Decor from A Life Unfolding
- Christmas Tree from Oh Fiddle Dee Dee
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Happily Ever After, etc.
Your vintage feeling ornaments are so very pretty! Love the shiny brite ornaments. Lovely.
What a treasure you have in your mother’s Shiny Bright ornaments. They look wonderful on your tree with your pretty Merry Christmas ornaments. I know you are glad to be home from Maryland. I look forward to seeing everything that you share this Christmas season.
I love Shiny Bright ornaments, your tree looks beautiful! What a fun hop!
Thanks so much Jenna!
Looking at this tree with those Shiny Bright ornaments makes me smile. I love them!
Those ornaments are simply adorable! Love the ribbon too. It’s all so festive! Merry Christmas
Thanks so much Cindy!
Chloe I really love the ornaments on your tree, reminds me of the ornaments my mom had on our tree when I was a child. So happy to be on the hop with you. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Chloe, I am so glad you are home now and can enjoy the holidays there. Your shiny brite Christmas tree is just lovely and it looks magical in the picture you showed from outside. I always look forward to seeing how you will decorate your tree! Thank you so much for participating again in the Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop! Happy Holidays!
Thank you so much Michelle, I am so lucky to be home again and slowly getting back to my ‘normal’ life!